Whether you're new to Pilates or you've been practicing your planks, push-ups, and teasers for years, we guarantee that you will benefit from a one-on-one session with an experienced Pilates instructor. Here are just a few of the ways a private Pilates lesson can help you tune-up your fitness routine and tap into your physical health for peak performance.
1. Personal Attention Learn your body like never before! Want to know if you are involuntarily rounding your shoulders forward? Or maybe you can’t see that your right foot is always externally rotated in shoulder bridge position? Or that your left hip hikes up every time you twist from the waist. You may have muscular imbalances, postural problems, or functional performance issues that you may not even be aware of (most of us do!). In a private session, your instructor’s attention is 100% focused on you, your body, and the ways that you move.
2. Customization Along with personal attention, another great benefit of a private session is the ability to customize the workout to your needs and goals. Perhaps you have your sights set on a marathon in a few months, you’ve always wanted to have super toned arms in your wedding dress, or you’re looking for a way to ease into a workout routine for the very first time. Whatever the case may be, your instructor will work with you directly to set a convenient schedule and make progress towards your goals in each session.
3. Proper Form Pilates is a system of exercises meant to be performed in a controlled, precise way. In our group classes at Rooted, we add fun and challenging variations to the traditional exercises created by Joseph Pilates, but all of our workouts are rooted in the classical Pilates method. Why? We believe the best results come from an understanding and appreciation of principles behind the original Pilates exercises. Once you get a feel for the basics, you’ll be able to apply that knowledge to your group classes and get even more out of your time on the mat and at the barre.
4. Lingo Sitz bones what? C-curve who? There are a few terms thrown around in our group classes that may be new to you. A session with a seasoned pro will help familiarize you with the terminology so you won’t need to worry when your instructor tells you to zip your inner thighs together and find your Pilates V.
5. Injuries and Health Issues If you are suffering from an injury or chronic health issues that limit your physical capabilities or your ability to participate in group classes, private lessons are the best way to maintain a workout routine that is both safe and effective. Pilates privates are especially recommended for those who suffer from back pain and the dreaded “desk posture.”
6. Motivation & Accountability Let’s face it: some of us need a little help in the motivation department. Consider your private instructor your personal accountability partner because they will be there by your side during every set and they’ll push you to bust through any plateaus in your progress. With your own personal cheerleader and coach, your workouts will become even more fulfilling and you’ll get faster results, too.
7. Intense Work Out at your Level This one is plain and simple: you will dig deep, work hard, and probably be very sore in places you didn't even know existed after your first private session. Our instructors are highly trained and have a great knack for knowing just how to make your body sigh with equal parts pleasure and pain. If you're looking to work up a serious sweat, sign up for a session, pronto!